Thursday, January 18, 2007

Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive

I just got my brand spanking new Xbox 360 HD DVD drive. It's a very nice piece of hardware - ultraquiet, plays dvds as well, comes with all the accessories, including the media remote which will finally put an end to the proliferation of remotes in the ORPs household.

I'm going to post more info about my adventures with the hardware later. For now, I want to rave about the packaging. That's right, the packaging.

I loved unwrapping the little parcel. The last time I had this much fun unpacking was when I got my new mac mini. There's a little pouch for the sample HDDVD and the software; there's a little foldout at the bottom under the drive for the cables and remote.

The drive is not as large as people make you believe - I think the reason it looks larger is the grey color of the faceplate and sides of the HDDVD drive. If MSFT had made it the same beige as the xbox, it would look a lot smaller.

Oh, yeah, and considering my earlier rants about packet services (no, not the internet kind) - the USPS delivered the package in one day flat. God, I love the USPS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home