Friday, March 30, 2007

Xbox update

The box is back. Nothing to see here, really, but as of a few days ago, I am in posession of a fine new xbox 360. The peeps at Microsoft replaced rather than repaired it in the interest of quick turnaround. Over all, the process was surprisingly painless and swift. The new box is pretty much exactly like the old one, except, hear this, it boots. It's good to be able to waste time on the most modern of computer games again!

While the box was out for repairs, I took some time to replay Halo 1 and Halo 2 on the old xbox, as well as Beyond Good and Evil. I am really sad BGE hasn't made it onto the backward compatibility list yet - it is such a captivating game. I still have Oddworld: Strangers Wrath and Psychonauts to go through and a wondering if I should replay one of the grand old adventures. I loved all of those games because of their immersive storylines and illusion of being part of a different world they created. Then again, the low resolution is blindingly obvious while playing, so I have to sit on the couch.

Ok, enough video game nostalgia!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home